Instruction to Authors
Journal of Rare Earths published monthly with 96 papers is an unique international science and technology journal which presents original high quality works on various aspects of basic theory and applied science in the field of rare earths. The journal accepts contributions from authors both in China and abroad. Therefore, it provides an international forum for the scientists and experts who are engaged or interested in the researches of rare earths and the related disciplines. Journal of Rare Earths publishes original research papers, reviews, notes and letters which reflect the latest progresses in the fields of chemistry, hydrometallurgy metallography phyrometallurgy, new materials, solid state physics, solid state chemistry, analysis, geology, ore dressing, etc.
Journal of Rare Earths has been indexed/abstracted in Sci Search, Research Alert, Chemistry Citation Index, Engineering Index, Metadex Collection, Current Bibliography on Science and Technology and Inspec etc.
By submitting a manuscript, the authors agree that the copyright for their article is transferred to the publisher if and when the article is accepted for publication. It is the author's responsibility to obtain written permission to reproduce material which will be appeared in another publication.
All contributions should be written in English either original research or critical review not previously published. Contributions should be submitted to Editorial office of Journal of Rare Earths by E-mail or online. The editors reserve, the right to reject manuscripts and to edit contributions when necessary.
The following are the stylistic requirements for an acceptable manuscript.
1. Title Title should be brief (normally less than 10 notional words in upper case letters) and consist of names rather than chemical formulas, and abbreviations should be avoided. If the title is long, please supply a shortened version for the running headline.
2. Postal address The name(s) of the author(s) and the name and complete postal address(including zip code) of the institute where the research work was done should be indicated on the manuscript. The name of the author to whom correspondence is to be addressed should be marked with an asterisk. Authors E-mail is also required.
3. Abstract and key words Every paper for publication, including review commentaries except short communication, must be preceded by an abstract of not less than 300 words. Compound number must not be used unless they defined within abstract. The key words should not be less than 8.
4. Units and figures The use of SI units is strongly recommended. All figures should be given in proper place in the text and must be saved and submitted as PC compatible files. All nomenclature should be consistent, clear and unambiguous, and should conform as closely as possible to the rules established by IUPAC.
5. Format of text Usually the manuscript should be organized under the following general headings: Abstract, Introduction, Experimental, Results, Discussion, Conclusion, Acknowledgement and References. The contents should include first, second and, if necessary, third level text headings.
6. References Only journal article, monograph, proceedings, standard, patent, and/or electronic publication, formally published cited in the text can be listed and must be numbered consecutively by Arabic numerals. Personal communications and unpublished data are not acceptable.
Examples of references
 Liu L N. Development of contact cables for electric traction. Wire and Cable (in Chin.), 1997, 39(1): 2.
 Wayman C M, Duerig T W.Engineering Aspects of Shape Memory Alloys. Edited by Durieg T W, Melton K N, Stockel D. Beijing: Industry Publisher, 1990. 3.
 Jones P, Hayman D, Denton G M.Recovery of cobalt, nickel and copper from slage using DC Arc furnace technology. The International Symposium on Challenges of Process
Intersification. Montreal, Canada, 1996.
7. Electronic version submission Electronic version are acceptable and encouraged.
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Web site: http://www.re-journal.com/en